Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The wall decor

“Jing, be careful that you don’t step on the décor,” mother warned, referring to the glass décor she laid on the floor about three meters from where I was playing. “It might break.”

“Ok mom.” I wondered if it would indeed break.

I resumed my playing. But soon, my curiosity as to whether the decor would indeed break if I stepped on it got over me, that I decided to find out if it was true. Making sure mom was still busy cleaning the walls, I sneaked into the décor and stepped onto it, half expecting to hear a cracking sound.

Nothing.

Mom’s lying! I told myself. It didn’t break!

I went back to playing. But then another thought troubled me. Was mom really lying? But why? What if I just did not step on it hard enough?

I went back to the décor to try it one more time.

I stepped onto the forbidden object. One foot first. Nothing happened.

Two feet.

CRRRRRAAAAAAAACCKKKK!


“Oh you! I told you not to go near it.” Mom shrieked.

“Sorry mom.” I said.

She didn’t know it wasn’t for the broken décor but for something else that I was apologizing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ow, I would say: Get rid of that 'royalty' walk Ms. Benosa! Kase, lagi kang nakatingala na parang naghahanap ng gagamba! hehehe!

Anong say mo?

brainteaser said...

He he he! Would you believe we had a fashion show idi company Christmas program mi?

No addaka koma di nabuyam...

...ti ngannganik pannakaitublak. Nye he he he!