Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas break 2006

This week marks the end of my hectic schedule, as far as my studies are concerned. No, make that as far as attending classes is concerned. For while it’s true that my professors in all of my subjects decided to give us an early break, they gave us loads of assignment, all to be submitted on the first week of classes next month. Talk about starting the New Year with a bang.

And how about ending 2006 with a loud thump, too? It seems like my professors are in on a conspiracy to make our temporary separation as eventful as possible. How? By giving surprise examinations. My head is still spinning from the tests I went through last week, all of which unannounced. My head would have been empty by now, I having unloaded tons of my precious thoughts and logic onto my test papers, if only I could afford to be empty headed even just for a while. But as it is, I have to save some of my “brain matters” for our magazine pages, which I would be more than happy not to see for a while.

But either I have been a bad girl, or Santa isn’t real, that my simple wish of having a break — I mean, a real break — from both my studies and the magazine is not to be granted. This Christmas break, while I am writing the first chapter of my research in EDRE 231; my critique of Jean Jacques Rousseau’s “The Philosophy of Education” for EDFD 201; and my annotated bibliography, critique on three articles on language education, written report, and 250-item questions for EDL 251; I will also be editing and writing articles for the magazine, and figuring out how I can possibly make our February issue come out on time, despite the long vacation.

So it seems I won't be having any break this Christmas. That is, unless they have changed the definition of the word without me knowing it. Let me go and check.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this as a definition Ms. Benosa...

'breaking-the-record' doy!

..................smile!

brainteaser said...

How about this definition:

Break v. To cut

as in:

Let me break your neck, Tatang.

He he he

Anonymous said...

ouch!

just don't break my ..... Ms. Benosa!

...kawawa naman si ID!

smile!

brainteaser said...

your what?