Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dead End

I cannot pass through you
but I can make a way around you.

You deter my progress
but you cannot stop me.

You are the slow-down sign,
the check-your-way reminder
in disguise.

You are the detour arrow
That makes me try another road.

Like a hump,
you stand on my way
so that I may not go too fast.

So I step on the brakes
To re-examine my road map.

And I halt a moment
For a well-deserved rest.

You are a dead end.
But my trek does not end with you
nor am I dead because of you.

‘Coz I’ll find another way.
And I’ll walk on.


//Sherma E. Benosa
August 29, 2007; 11:45pm

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pag nasa dead end, you either go back or make a new road. the journey continues. :)

brainteaser said...

Ei, question girl: When you find yourself in a dead end: does that mean you've taken the wrong road?

Anonymous said...

It could be a cul-de-sac Mademoiselle! It’s a safer place to take refuge, just like the fond de mon cœur. Je t'aime !

Torbik said...

next time, travel on a mountainbike. on a mountainbike, roads become boring. and if that "hump" presents itself anywhere, you can run him over with pleasure. and the journey does not end...if ya can't bike it, hike it.

ride hard!

hehe. whatever.

brainteaser said...

Well VF. A cul de sac... Hmmm... That's a good way of looking at it.

But I'll take your "fond de mon coeur" any time, any day.

:-)

brainteaser said...

jejejeje, torbik!

humps just slow us down; they can never stop us. And yup, the thrill of running over them... whew!

Anonymous said...

You already did MSB.

I can feel you lodged, purring and warm in that special 'fond de mon coeur'!

brainteaser said...

Hmm... you make me feel so special... like a princess, Buddy!