Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The rise of the newest office bully

I’m fully booked this week, and it’s all Chie’s doing. You see, she holds me responsible for her not being able to cover the event [the presscon of Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid’s upcoming concert, "Forever After"] last Saturday. She says had I been in Manila last week, we would have been able to attend the event which, according to her, was star-studded.

Now, as a payback for my absence [that’s how I see things, anyway], she took matters into her hand when I asked her “paki-ayos naman ang mga coverages natin this week,” meaning, sort them out. She made confirmation to every single event we were invited to attend, giving my name and hers as the attendees without [let me repeat that, WITHOUT] first consulting with me, or at least checking with me my schedule.

And as if that isn’t enough, as we were eating lunch today at Virgin Café during one of the events she lined up for me to cover, she blurted out, “Ako na ang mag-i-schedule ng mga coverages ninyo nina Elaine, ha?” in a tone that made me wonder whether she was asking me to assign her that job or telling me to oblige.

O my! I don’t know what happened during the two work-days I was away, but suddenly, Chie had grown into a little tyrant. Imagine, she now bullies the big bullies in the office — Elaine and me. Now, with this development, it’s no longer easy to pinpoint who among us is the biggest bully. Everybody now bullies everyone. [Sure, I’m the original, but those little imps are slowly overpowering me. It seems my reign as the office’s biggest bully is about to end.]

Now, going back to my schedule, I understand I am to sit through two more presscons this week: one at Hyatt Hotel (tomorrow) and another at New World Renaissance Hotel (Thursday). I just hope I’ll have a good time.

No comments: