Friday, January 13, 2006

2006 and Me

Oh, hello, 2006! Sorry, didn’t notice you come in. Guess I was still trying to cope with 2005’s abandonment when you did. Hah! Pretty nasty way to end a relationship, if you ask me.

2005 seemed nice at first. We got along pretty well. He gave me nice things — a good break, new friends, etc.. Sure, he also gave me trials and challenges — some of which I passed (with flying colors, I must say); but some, well, can’t say my performance was exceptional, but I survived them, nonetheless. He was nice, really. That is, until a few days before he had to go. Would you believe he took my Inang with him? That thieving bastard! Then he put me under the weather, just as I was preparing to welcome you. Sabotage is what I call what he did. Still, that is not an excuse for failing to give you the welcome you deserve. Really sorry, my friend.

Anyway, what’s up?

Oh, too bad you can’t tell just yet. Guess I’ll pitch you a proposal, anyway. Here’s a list of what I think we should do:

1) Travel. Man, I’ve been wanting to travel since God knows when. Hope we can go together. 2005 promised to come with me, but he backed out. Do you think you could come?

2) Move on. I know what my father would say when he hears my plans (“Rolling stones gather no moss…”). Still, I think I have to make a leap, again. Will you facilitate it? Don’t worry, I’ve got a plan. Just need a little help.

3) Ditch my studies. Yeah, I know I’ve always wanted to finish it. But my performance last sem is so poor (Got 2 INCs). I hate turning in a bad performance. But Time isn’t cooperating with me. He exasperates me so!

4) Write stories: one in English; another in Iluko. That seems next to impossible, mind you. But I’ll do my best. Without my studies to distract me, I might be able to.

5) Be more active with Rotary Club.

6) Spend more time with my family and friends, especially with Amang Roman and Lola Matda.

What do you think? Do you suppose you can help me with these? Or do you have other activities in mind?

Find a husband? Whew! Can't you think of something else? You know, something doable...

No comments: