Thursday, June 12, 2008

BrainTeaser

It's been a while since I posted a puzzle. So I thought of re-posting this puzzle I made for my other blog. I hope you like it.

HERE WE GO:

I am looking for a two-word phrase that consists of eleven letters (first word, five letters; second word, six letters). What is this phrase?

Step 1: Finding the letters:

1. The 19th letter of the English alphabet = __
2. The 4th letter in the first name of the current USA president = __
3. The first vowel of the four-letter word that completes this expression: _____ of passage = __
4. The last letter of the word that completes this biblical phrase: Alpha and ______ =
5. The first letter of the word that refers to singers, painters, writers, and sculptors = __
6. The first letter of the five-letter word that means iconic image or symbol = __
7. The letter that is common to the first, sixth, and eleventh months of the year = __
8. The chemical symbol of the number five element in the periodic table = __
9. The first letter in the six-letter English word that contains no vowel = __
10. The most used vowel in English = __
11. First letter in the title of the Shakespearian play whose main characters are Katherine, Bianca and Petrucio = __
The eleven letters are: ______________________.

Congratulations. You are done with the first step. Now, onto the second.


Step 2: Word Play/Arranging the Letters

First clue: From the eleven-letter, two-word phrase I am looking for, the following words can be formed:
  • (From the first word) The four-letter word that means “drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds”
  • (From the second word) The four-letter word that refers to the opposite of “difficulty”
Put first four-letter word here: ______
Put second four-letter word here: ______

Try to guess the phrase. If you still cannot, see the next clues.

Second clue: From the eleven-letter, two-word phrase I am looking for, you could form the word that refers to “that thing you use when you want to remove pencil marks” by inserting the second letter of the first word between the second letter and the third letter of the second word.


Final clue: Verse play

Oh, am I not exciting, and I not fun?
The old love me, so do the young.
The logical and those with clever mind
They seek me, they think I’m fun.
Solve me, find my pieces, watch my trails
I leave clues, I give hints. Come on, think.
Tell me, tell me, what’s my name?

The phrase I am looking for is? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Extra question: At what stage were you able to solve the puzzle/riddle?

You may answer here, or in my OTHER BLOG where it was originally posted.



//Sherma E. Benosa; 29 May 2008

No comments: