Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Traveler

Unpaved, the path’s long and winding
Curves abound and humps are plenty.
The trek’s arduous, the journey’s taxing
And the trail, narrow, rough and thorny.

You walk still, despite that your lane
Present you no refreshing scenery.
And your companion, a searing pain
Of your fruitless search, your misery.

Then finally you learn to listen
You start hearing your heart’s melody.
Then your eyes, you learn to open
The beauty around you, you begin to see.

You notice the compass guiding you
And the northern star lighting your way.
The open arms reaching out to you
Marking your track so you won’t stray.

Things, no longer do they seem bleak
The clouds that hovered above, now part.
The beams of light you used to seek
No longer elusive, now inside your heart.

You walk on; the journey’s not yet ended.
Beckoning, cheering you not to concede
Is destiny, waiting for you up ahead.
You take her hand; her voice you heed.


//Sherma E. Benosa;
11 September 2007; 1:26am

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To My Buddy, My Destiny

[from the Traveller]

I’ll take your hand and I won’t get lost
For the voice in you is the guide I sought
The travels of longing shall soon be gone
For your smile buddy, is my morning sun.

I’ve travelled a long and tortuous path
Of low clouds and their ominous wrath
The elusive light is now a buried past
For my destiny is the bottom of your heart.

I thank you Buddy for guiding my way
Those gentle whispers when I go astray
The strength I feel every time you pray
And fight for life when the day is grey.

There’ll be no more dark lanes to wander
Nor false stars to get lost and meander
My treacherous paths has now gone asunder
For you built a flowered trail for us together.

Together, we walk this path hand in hand
And follow your torch never minding a bend
Shall this road becomes thorny again
Together we Travel them out. Hand in hand.

brainteaser said...

Wow! Thank you so much, Buddy! Great one. You keep telling me you can only write when I prod you... but when you do, Wow! Your poem's a lot better then mine! Huuu!

Anonymous said...

not really better Buddy.

just inspired, that's all. 'want another one?

eeeee.... 'wag kang makulit!

Anonymous said...

waaaa.. VF koma dayta adda dita ngato!

brainteaser said...

harharhar!