Friday, September 28, 2007

FREELANCING HOBBIES

Now that I am free from the shackles of a fulltime job, I can already start doing the things I’ve promised myself I’d do when I have the time. I am listing here the things I want to accomplish (besides work) as a reminder for myself.

Travel. I love going to places. It has always been my dream to see different parts of the country (and of the world?), meet people, experience different cultures, and write about them. For me, travel writing is one of the most enjoyable writing jobs on earth.

Photography. Travel articles will never look good without good travel photos. There is no ugly subject, only lousy photographers. I hope I can eventually cross the line between amateur and pro-like.

Videography. With the advent of photo-editing programs, it should be easily doable now. And with my online tutor (hehehe) to help me, I’m sure I’d soon be able to make loads and loads of good videos. (Hey, please give pointers, guys!)

Dressmaking. No, I am not planning to eventually put up a dressmaking business. All I wanna do is sew my own and family members’ dresses. I hate going from one boutique to another, and not being able to find a dress I’d love to wear. Often, in RTWs, there is one element I don’t like, like color, or button, or the hem, or the length, or whatev.

Writing. I am not talking about blog posts. Not even the magazine type articles that I write. I am talking about fiction. Short story. I hope I could sit down and really write soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dressmaking?

Whoa! para sa barbie doll mébé hehehe!

Sige nga tahian mo ako ng apron hehehe!

brainteaser said...

Hey Buddy! You really don't believe I can do it, eh?

Did it before. I sew a pair of dress for myself. I was 11.

Anonymous said...

vf, ba't apron lang? yung medyo may challenge naman ipagawa mo. saka, what's wrong with learning to sew?

Anonymous said...

sow then sew Salve!

hehehehe...