Thursday, September 08, 2005

A visit to a psychiatrist

Before you read further, let me get something straight: I’m sane. Ok?

The writer I asked to write an article on schizophrenia for the mental health issue of Health and Lifestyle informed me that she couldn’t write the article. As it was already too late for me to assign someone else to write it (who would accept an assignment that involves a lot of research and an interview just three days before the deadline?), I was left with no other option but to write the article myself (that’s one of the difficult aspects of my job).

Fortunately, I was able to find a psychiatrist willing to be interviewed at short notice (I made an appointment with her a day before the interview).

I arrived at the doctor’s clinic on time, but was told by the receptionist that the doctor was still seeing a patient. She asked me to sit down and wait for the doctor at the receiving area, which I did. After ten
minutes of doing nothing, I started to get bored, so I fumbled with my digicam, then, with the receptionist’s permission, “tested” if it worked by taking pictures inside the room.

I noticed two doctors look my way while I was taking photos. But since they didn’t say anything, I pretended not to notice them. But I wonder what they may have been thinking, seeing me doing weird things right outside the psychiatrist’s clinic. Hmm…

My officemates reckon such a scene would not elicit any reaction from the doctors, that they may have just thought I was a new patient. What do you think?

(Top) Insides of my bag; (Left) My feet

**********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogging puts 48th soldiers in hot water
Soldiers in the 48th Brigade Combat Team have come under fire recently, and not for what they are doing on the dangerous roads of suburban Baghdad.
This is a great blog with much good info.
My main interest is genealogy, and I have written a genealogy book which you can find along with many articles at my site. I believe it's the only genealogy book of its kind, dealing specifically with search for noble ancestors.