Friday, September 09, 2005

Plants and photography


For some reason, I took on the responsibility of doing the interviews and photo-shoots for the article on ornamental plants for the Nov issue of H&L, though I vowed not to write anything for this issue so I can catch up with my school responsibilities.

It was when I was already at the Manila Seedling Bank (EDSA cor Que. Ave.) that I realized what have prompted me to do the article: my love for plants. With the awesome sight of different flowers and plants right before me, who cares that I’m now about to be dropped from my classes due to absences, and that I still haven’t submitted the requirements due a month ago?

Moreover, as I took photos, I told myself: This is what I’m gonna do when I’m ready to go home for good. I’m gonna own and manage a hectare of ornamental plants.

But for now, let me share with you my pictures. (Sorry, the photos aren’t that good. I still have a lot to learn about photography, especially photo composition. All that I learned from a one-and-a-half hour company-sponsored photography seminar I attended was: use flash even (or more especially) when outdoors. There’s another thing, but I don’t know how to put it in words. It’s about blurring the edges.

No comments: