Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wailing


Today is a red-letter day in my personal calendar. It is supposed to be a day of celebration. In fact, I am supposed to have received three dozen burgundy roses yesterday, and to have had a hair spa this morning. I had planned to put on a simple dress, and wear a barely-there makeup, so that when I am online, he would know that he is indeed special. Maybe he would tell me I looked good, or tease me with, “Oh, langamon, Ragu!”

But none of this happened. Right now, I sit in front of the computer, typing this piece after leaving comments in some neighbors’ blogs in Iluko.com (as I have done yesterday) to drive my worries away.

Except that they won’t go. I don’t think they would, until I get that piece of information I need so badly — the results of his tests assuring me he is alright. That there’s nothing serious. That it’s just fatigue. That all he needs is rest.

If I get that, then I could easily forget that we’ve been robbed off the chance to enjoy our most special day. But until then, I sit here, willing the tears away, wishing he can find a way to contact me soon… and tell me, “Happy Anniversary, Love!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOH, langamon ragu' !

FYI, I used all my charms to convince all the nurses to let me bring my PC inside that awful and noisy MRI scanner pero nawala na yata ang bisa ang mga mapupungay kong mata. Kulang ng praktis hehehe!

Worst, they sedated me because they can’t have my heart and my brain to keep still. I wonder why...

(‘want a copy of the ‘Kodaks’ of my heart and brain Ms. Benosa?)

Sorry for failing you on that day Love. I wish you were beside me holding my hands while having all these tests.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOO LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Waaa...

I can't just get off here now Ms. Bully. Next time, don't write things like this -you break my 'wailing' heart!

Oist, remember I once asked you a year ago: 'how do you count a heartbeat?'

Now I'm asking you: how do you slow down an overspeeding heartbeat?

oh-owwwww... don't call the highway patrol hehehe!

...unless you are the police officer!

wait lang, the burgundy-red roses, I tried several times my Love but I seem to have lost my tact for the last few days... sorry again.

'di bale, I'll deliver them personally -arranged THE WAY I LIKE.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm wailing too MSB!