Wednesday, August 09, 2006

That inconspicuous place...

... I call home

For those who do not have a province to go home to, as well as those who have but: 1) can't go home yet or 2) no longer have any reason to go home (either because of bad memories or because there are no more loved ones there to go home to), let me give you a peek of that little known but very lovely place I call home: Nueva Vizcaya.

Both photos show parts of Abinganan, Bambang, Nueva Vizcaya (my father's home barrio). It is here where my grandparents lived; and where my brothers, cousins and I spent our summers together — swimming in fish ponds and rivers, chasing butterflies and spiders, climbing trees, and doing other things only true-blue barrio-raised kids can relate to.

3 comments:

RVA said...

hi, ading sherma, makapalagip dagitoy a ladawan. kastoy ken kakastoy met ti buya idiay yanmi idiay dupax del norte. manmanoak a makaawid idiayen vizcaya ta naibaudak metten ditoy cagayan.

brainteaser said...

Hi Manong Roy! Welcome.
Norte ka gayam, Manong. Ammok a taga Dupax ka ngem itak laeng maamuan a taga Norte ka gayam.

Imbag man ta nagustuam dagita piktiur. Uray siak no kua, no kasta a miliwak ket piktiur latta metten ti pagipapasak inggana makaawidak. Hehehe

Anonymous said...

yup......very nice tlga ang nueva viscaya and the provinces up north..based on my experience,nung nagtravel ako.. (nkasabay p nga kita sherma sa bus eh)..first time ko nkta ang nueva viscaya.. and isabela, (on which is my real destination)..and also i got a chance to visit also the banaue rice terraces in ifugao province...(april 5 - 9, 2007) and i must say...tlagang nawili ako sa mga places na to..i appreciate tlga ung buhay probinsya...i miss those days..i wish i would be able to travel again there...

sept.18, 2007